After five months of financial and technical limbo, I’m finally ready to move forward with Tidepool and the Kismet Club once again.
Please let your kids know how sorry I am to have started strong with promises of fun, then making them wait for months. I needed to make sure the schedule was solid enough to avoid another delay. Until today, that just wasn’t possible.
We’ll begin at Moravian College on Saturday, May 16th at 3pm, mere hours after Moravian’s commencement, a fitting time to start. Thereafter we’ll meet every other Saturday afternoon at alternating locations (Lehigh Valley schools).
Here’s the full schedule (all Saturdays at 3pm):
- May 16th – learn to make sketches and stories; alpha 2 release!
- May 30th – plan our public stories & neighborhoods
- June 13th – learn to program our sketches
- June 27th – finish our public stories; Kickstarter launch & alpha 3 release!
- July 11th – start making third grade lessons for kids from other countries
- July 25th – finish our lessons and share with other kids; possibly launch alpha 4
We’re timing things so your children will be the first to use each new version of TIdepool, and so they can watch us “push the button” that launches each to the world. A big day will be June 27th when we launch the first public alpha just prior to travelling to ISTE, the world’s largest ed-tech conference, to show off Tidepool to educators. We’re also launching our Kickstarter campaign during that class.
I know that scheduling is difficult, especially as the semester ends, so don’t feel you need to attend every class, or any at all. We’ll be making Tidepool available to each of the 16 kids in the Kismet Club whether you can attend the classes or not. Our hope is that your children will learn to program, create, and collaborate in Tidepool, and that their efforts will be the seeds that inspire many, many others around the world this summer.
As always, call anytime at <my number> if you have questions.